When you ask someone to donate to your giving page, you are giving them an opportunity to do something help others. Here are some tips for maximizing your fundraising potential:
Customize your giving page
- Make your page unique and interesting by loading a photo or video and telling your story.
- Create a personal URL so others can easily share your page. This can be setup by logging into your account.
Don’t be afraid to ask for support
- When asking for donations (in person, through email, social media, etc.) be confident and remember that you are not asking for yourself but for funds to support a cause important to you.
- Write a personal letter or email to all of your contacts asking for support
- Record a video with your smart phone asking for donations and post it on social media or include it in your email to friends and family.
Update your email signature
- Add your giving page URL to your email signature.
- Many companies may match their employee’s charitable giving, so ask your donors to check with their HR department if a matching gift program exists.
Ask others to help you raise money
- Ask your friends, family and coworkers to reach out to their personal networks to help collect more money for your fundraising effort.
Donations in lieu of gifts
- Ask that a donation be made to your giving pagein lieu of gifts for a wedding, birthday or holiday.
Thank your donors
- Most importantly, thank you donors. Happy donors are donors who will support you again in the future. Be sure to personally thank every donor you have to your giving page through handwritten notes or email.